Current Grant Projects
Click on Grants tab above for current Grant Projects.
RCPP Crisis to Opportunity: Tree Mortality in the Central Sierra
Healthy Forest Grants
A New Opportunity for Private Non– Industrial Forest Landowners
Work Within the 100-ft
- For technical assistance to private forest landowners contact your local Resource Conservation District and NRCS field office
- Technical assistance provided by the RCD will help you understand the condition of your forested lands, assess your management goals, present options, and culminate in a Forest Management or Forest Conservation Plans
- Landowners may be eligible for incentive payments through the NRCS EQIP Sierra Tree Mortality RCPP fund pool
- Payments are intended to incentivize management, and are not designed to cover the entire cost of work
- Find the RCD near you at CARCD.org
Contact: Gordon Long, Exec. Dir.
USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider, Employer and Lender
With major contributions by the CalAm Forestry Team, the Calaveras RCD submitted two CalFire climate change initiative concept grants in late February.
One grant would improve forest conditions north of Murphys CA. The other would do the same in the Sandy Gulch Region by West Point, CA.
We hope to be invited to submit full proposals in the coming months.
SInce our RCD recieves no support from County or State agencies, we are funded by the competitive grant process.
We are continually looking for new grant opportunities, including taking suggestions from the public.
Thank you CCRCD for sponsoring the PG&E grant to help clear brush from the roadways here in the Big Valley subdivision where we live.
And a big thanks to PG&E for granting the funds.
Proper Pruning service did a great job, and the increased access makes us a bit safer out here in the coutryside.
Doug & Kathi Grover